peeing my pants with excitment

So on Monday, in contemporary visual culture or whatever that class is called, Daniel came in and talked about new media. It was damn awesome. Everything that was talked about - I have a crazy love for. But I never knew how to categorize what that was - and apparently out in the design world there's a name for it - "new media." I found a bunch of insanely awesome websites a long time ago that were based on new media - using interactivity, sound, short clips, etc. All I could do back then was appreciate them for what they were - but I knew that in the long run I wanted to learn more about that type of style and try attempting something with it. And now there's this new field of that stuff and it's everywhere and it's growing and it's so excititititng.

One of the first websites that I liked that had a slight use of this 'interactivity' was the official webpage for a well known polish artist, Zdzislaw Beksinski. He's probably referred to as a Holocaust artist - and looking at his work you can definately tell. And they're really beautiful and the feel of the website has the same melancholy beauty. His paintings are my favorites. Examples:





But annnyways, my whole post was supposted to be about new media websites [even though Polish artists are amazing and I like talking about them. According to my professor, Mr. Tom Kovacs, the Polish are the most amazing poster designers. Haha! Fuck yeah! Poland! (I was meant to go into graphic design)]

So I went to the website of the designer for Beksinski's website, Jaroslaw Kubicki, and found more and more links to other artists - many also Polish.
Here's a link of some websites that are amazing:
http://www.24-7media.de/ This one just looks cool

This one is my FAVORITESSSSS OMG OMG: http://www.cmart.design.ru/
This is the website I saw along time ago back when I was like 16. It's a Russian artist. It's been revamped since the last time I saw it. It's awesome now, but it was amazing last time. The best parts are if you go under Sulfur Album and then Cine. All those little moving clips of stuff that comes up is the style that the website used to have and I was in love with it.

http://www.artrafal.dl.pl/archive/arch.html polish artist. with lots of links. and links to other websites that he designed [?] or are other artists websites. Like this cool one: http://www.zawodzinska.com/big.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home