Hooray!


Mr. Alan has kept asking me to update, and so I shall. But first I must reply to what Alan wrote in his blog; "I hope Maria will let me use her portfolio to apply, and in return, I might even buy her cleaning supplies for her when she starts out working for me and Patty." Of course I'll let Alan use my porfolio and put his name on work that I've spend countless hours on! After all, he's supplying me with cleaning supplies!
Hah!

Anyways. Saturday, I took a trip downtown, rode the L, and met up with my sister at the Art Institute. It was great! I've only been back home from Chambana for under a day and I already got to go downtown. Being out of the cornfields is awesome. And I got to act like a pretencious art student.
Picture time:


This is one of my favorite paintings. I mainly love it because of the painting underneath it that Picasso never finished. For those who don't know, it's a woman. Her face is right above the old man's ear and neck. You can't tell that well in my picture, but it's there.


This is titled "Odalisque" by Belololov Pavel. An Odalisque is a female concubine or harem. It's really beautiful and I wish that they didn't stick it up all the way on the wall. It should be eye level. And not up by the ceiling where there's always glare on it.


Claesz's still life. Still lifes rock! So beautiful. I love it.


This is one of my favorites in the contemporary paintings section. I really like this style of drawing.


My sister in the asian pottery.


Something new in the contemporary stuff.


Another one of my favorites. It says "Taken from here to where it came from and taken to a place and used in such a manner that it can only remain as a representation of what it was where it came from."


A new piece by Dali - "Venus de Milo With Drawers" It's great. [Those are pompons if you can't tell] His paintings are in the background.




The second picture is the view from the Cumberland L stop.

-----
My fat cat, doing the only thing she's ever doing [besides eating and running around outside]:



Monday night we had a sleepover after seeing Harry Potter, which was reallly damn good. The best one so far. I got a bit teary eyed at the end. And I never cry at movies.


We ate Darin's homemade thai food at 2. And then we ate more of Darin's thai food at 9. And it was delicious.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home