Well, my first week of the semester is officially over. No class on Friday.
I started getting sick on the weekend and womenly troubles came along that made this week not that great. And not to mention that my art classes didn't turn out as awesome as I'd hoped. I really needed my classes to be good so I could feel better about alot of things [which I won't mention now]. But what's ending up happening is that I'm afraid of the work load and I'm having a career/future crisis.

I have the same teacher, Henry, for both of my graphic design classes, Typography and Image Making. The same teacher Mon - Thur at the same time. It's basically the same people too, so Henry is always repeating himself and not knowing which class it is. Ugh. And Henry himself is too old. He's like 50 [and has really young kids too, like under 8 and then some old daughter who lives in New York. I guess he remarried?]. And he was born in Mexico and has a nice accent. But anyways, he's not sharp and fast and smart as Daniel was last semester. Henry doesn't understand what we say sometimes. For example, he asked us why we were all in graphic design. And someone was giving their answer and in it said "I wanted to design cars and stuff but I didn't get into ID, so I just went into GD. " And so they finishes, and Henry nodded his head and said "Why did you not go into ID." And the person's like "I didn't get in." It's like WTF, were you NOT listening Henry? He's like a slow old man. The kind you imagine saying "HUUUHH?!" in a really loud old man voice. Henry's not quick. He's old and takes a long time to say things.
I don't know how I feel about him yet, though. He has a lot of different experiences in his life, i.e. being foreign. So I hope he brings in a new perspective to the class. Unlike Daniel, who went to U of I for grad school. But, I don't know anymore. Bah.

I also have two classes that are all about coding and html and shit like that. One in the art school and one in the Graduate School of Library Science [LIS]. The art school one is more narrative media based - using websites and html and stuff to make web sites that tell something. While the LIS one is more about knowing how to write code and write web pages and junk. Both are gonna be good things since I REALLY need to know html and dreamweaver and flash and etc for my future career as a graphic design. I look at the job board and every job posting they have that has design is about web sites and knowing Dreamweaver. So I really need to know my stuff.
Sigh, so much work this semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home